We see Victory as:
A people who…
- value responsibility and take it on as a spiritual discipline. That which we have been entrusted is ours to protect.
- who are free of sin, shame, and pretense. There are no bonds for those in Christ Jesus.
- align our lives to the Word of Life–God’s Word. We read it, study it, and live it.
- always respond to truth and never run away from it.
- are generous with our time, talent, and resources for the sake of God’s Mission in the world.
- are healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually for the sake of the purpose we were created to do.
- have rich fellowship with one another. We see church as a way of life.
- is curious to constantly learn, grow, and ask why. We are life-long learners.
- is committed and whose word is our bond.
- sees our roots as the way God brought us to where we are today, and our future will be built on our history.
- values each other enough to communicate well with each other.
- is unified under God’s truth, love, and goodness.
- cares for those in need and shows it by meeting those needs.
- constantly seeking to join God in His redemptive creative work.
A church that…
- accepts each other, valuing our differences as adding to our strengths.
- lives by love for God and love for others. We act on our love. Love is the mark of a Christian.
- is open to the new things God is doing. And we seek to join Him in His new work.
- values and empowers families because we are the family of God.
- laughs big and often because we’re filled with God’s unending joy.
We seek to become this kind of church for the sake of those who have yet to find faith in Jesus. God sees clearly who we will become and as we follow Him we will become more than we are today. We are a church called Victory because Jesus won the Victory on the Cross.
The Cross will always be our way forward.