Meeting the Needs of Your Man
In last week’s message, “Meeting the Needs of Your Man”, Jim Parsons challenged wives to follow God’s plan of submission in marriage. When we are faced with the choice to go with what’s popular in our culture, or do what the God wants, it seems a no-brainer. However the topic of submission to our spouse is hot item in today’s world, especially with women. Don’t be swayed by popular culture or your own pride. God want’s what is best for you, and His plan is that husbands and wives submit to one another. For our life action points, here are some ways to meet your husband’s emotional needs:
- Monday: Shower your husband with admiration. Tell him how great he looks, and compliment him on his accomplishments. Be sincere. You can do this over the phone, with a note, or face to face. Remember to make this a habit. If this is an emotional need of his, you will make his day!
1 Peter 3:6 – “Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.”
- Tuesday: Domestic Support is an emotional need that many of us have, especially husbands. When he’s not around, spend some time doing the household chores to surprise him. If he is around, do them together. Ask him to dry the dishes as you wash them, or find something that you can both do to make your home a pleasant place to live.
Titus 2:5 – “To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”
- Wednesday: Plan some together-time outside the house just having fun. If his interests are different from yours, do some brainstorming about what things your both love to do, or discover something new.
Ephesians 5:21 – “Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.”
- Thursday: If physical attraction was what first drew you together, then don’t let that slide. Today, make a renewed effort to draw his eye. Your inner beauty should always be greater, but meeting that emotional need in your guy to be attracted to you will only add more love to your marriage.
1 Peter 3:5 – “For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands.”
- Friday: Meeting each other’s sexual needs is an important part of marriage. Don’t be shy about it. Discuss with each other how you can best meet that need. Then have some fun.
Hebrews 13:4a – “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled;”
Remember: the husband and wife have different roles in marriage because we are different. God knows that. One is not any more important than the other. When we humble ourselves, listen, and then follow God’s plan, we find ourselves in a place of joy unspeakable.